I learnt a few things today and those things look like this:
1. When your male flatmate asks you how to iron a shirt you know you’re going to end up doing it for him (And Tying his bow tie).
2. When someone asks you what an epilator is and all you can say is that it’s like multiple tweezers attached together with a power cord you probably shouldn’t be using one.
A male friend (Who would not know the pain and sheer effort us ladybugs go through to achieve smooth legs…and other places) asked me what one was and that’s the only way I can describe it. There are no words for my after-thoughts other than Owch, why do I do that to myself!
3. Gradual fake tan is not the best idea…ever!
Sometime you get a little tired of blending with the weather and I am endlessly an English Rose in complexion (much to my dismay, not demeanor) so I tried to apply some gradual tan and four hours later I am in need of a severe exfoliation and a cup of tea to calm my nerves!
4. No-one has invented a cure for being irrevocably restless while you wait for something to de-frost/ someone to reply/ tomorrow. I would love to see an invention that can occupy my constantly active mind, body & soul while I’m waiting. Even Pinterest hasn’t cut-it lately!
5. I am, much to my dismay, still allergic to dark chocolate and as a result caffeine (a.k.a thank goodness for strawberry laces)
When I was fourteen I found out I was allergic to caffeine, fizzy drinks, Cheese (Apart from on pizza strangely!) and Most types of chocolate and bath products. Bye Bye Dr Pepper and Lush Bombs. This means I had to take up decaf and herbal teas, good quality milk chocolate and organic moisturized skincare. It’s healthy yes but endlessly to my dismay. Every 7 years I have heard rumour that ones body resets itself in a way, but much to my misfortune after an attempt at dark chocolate it was not in that way. Ahh well, maybe when I’m 26 (perish the thought).
6. Exercising fully before you start your day doesn’t quite feel the same as at the end of a day removing the last bits of energy for motivation.
I love starting the day with a small yoga routine and ending it before my nightly session of e-mails and Instagramming with a really good hour of toning exercises to get rid of any remaining tension and energy. It’s the most satisfying way to end up in your pj’s at 9pm with a tub of Ben&Jerry’s you swear you wont eat all of and still not feel guilty.
7. My friend from Bulgaria loves to read Philosophical and Classic books just as much as I do, although we both agree that flimsy women are a no-go! ❤
8. Floral skirts are every honorary Welsh Girls dream because they look fantastic with Wellies Even in weather like this:
9. Saying you have Herpes is not an effective way to stop people using your cutlery in a student flat (As my favorite flat sister found out!).
We have a notorious cutlery user who does not wash things up *sighs* and the methods to prevent this are getting more extreme without the storage of things in our rooms. My clothes refuse to make space for my forks, it’s an endless disaster.
10. Honey is magical…From banana and blueberry muffins to a peppermint tea after a long day of classes and establishing that we never really know anything. (And I love bees <3)
We now have a contact us page *shiny loveliness* so please let us know if you learnt anything awesome today 🙂
Lots of Love from me and my hurty brain!